I'm Stephen, and I'd love to chat with you about joining your team at Kareo.
I'm currently a brand design and illustrator at Help Scout. I've spent the past 6 years doing freelance work for tech companies, including Segment, Slang and Feedly. Prior to Help Scout, I worked full-time for a rapidly growing Inc. 5000 company called DiamondBack, developing their brand and visual language. Before that, I worked for over 2 years as a visual designer for a non-profit called CURE, who operates charitable hospitals and programs in 29 impoverished countries worldwide.
Design and illustration has been the biggest passion of mine for over 8 years, and I've been fortunate enough to make helping companies achieve their visual communicate goals my full time job.
Why hire me?
Because you want someone who has:
- Honesty, integrity, humility, respect, kindness, and a sense of humor.
- A passion to create unique, engaging visuals that maintain a stylistic consistency and functional presence at each and every touch point.
- A keen eye for pixel perfect detail, and a full understanding of project specs and thoughts for enhancement before a single vector is drawn.
- A deep appreciation (and obsession) for the consistency in visual structure that creates a seamless experience for the user, and increases work efficiency.
- Meticulously organized folders of files and assets.
- Over 6 years of professional experience creating marketing content for digital and print applications, from business cards to billboards, and from digital ads to newsletter campaigns.
- Experience working on full-time on teams and as a freelancer for growing tech startups, non-profits and bootstrap software companies.
- A tireless curiosity and eagerness to learn new things.
...with the ability to:
- Create highly effective visuals that connect with and communicate clearly to a broad audience across multiple channels.
- Understand the importance of styleguides, standards and processes, and follow them, build on them, and enforce them.
- Properly set vinyl banner artwork up for print, and turn an SVG icon into HTML code.
- Build a beautiful, cohesive icon set.
- Get their hands dirty with HTML/CSS, and help teams create experiences that look just as good on mobile as they do in desktop browsers.
- Stay up to date on current trends in design, illustration and branding, and avoid replication.
- Create and expand a color palette, and know how to balance those colors with typography, images and vector illustrations in an engaging layout.
- Create motion graphics in After Effects.
- Effectively track and prioritize how time spent.
- Explain how and why he arrived at a solution.
- Work until the job is done, deadlines are met, and teammates have everything they need to meet their goals.
- Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign inside and out, and has each program kept in the dock.
- Where the good stock photos can be found.
- How to create engaging, fun and unique experiences that tell a story well.
- That no detail is too small, and that even the smallest one delights.
I think Kareo is awesome.
And in no particular order, here's why:
- You created a solution that helps independent people accomplish success.
- You designed it to be easy, and you display authentic interest in your users.
- Your brand is clean, bright and very thoughtfully crafted.
- You care about visual experience and delighting your users.
- You appreciate illustration and icon design.
- Your visual language looks like an insane amount of fun to work with.
- The passion, positivity and imagination your team has is apparent, and very appealing.
So, I'd love to join your team.
I'm excited about what I can bring to the table, and how great it would be to work alongside the amazing Kareo team to create fun and imaginative visual experiences for your users. Please let me know if you have any thoughts or questions, or if you'd like to set up a time to chat. Thank you for your time.
I can be reached at:
- or, (717) 460-6643